The TRADOC G-2 develops, delivers, and validates the Operational Environment (OE) products and services to enable realistic training, leader development, education, concepts, and capabilities development for the United States Army.
To achieve the mission the following core functions must be followed:
- Support TRADOC as the core function lead for the OE and manage the OE Enterprise.
- Development of Intelligence Community validated threats and OE projections.
- Collects open-sourced foreign perspective studies.
- Mission focused training support to units and institutional training by providing an adaptable menu of OE outputs.
- Manages the DoD's Human Terrain System (HTS) Program
- Manages AOR focused, operating force unit-tailored training in employment of organic and non-organic ISR capabilities.
- Supported organization for Army and Joint Red Team training devlopment.
- OE modeling and simulation (M&S) portrayal and integration efforts, including OE visualization and gaming representation of real or training scenarios.
- Responsible official for the development, management, administration, integration, and approval functions of the Opposing Force (OPFOR) Program.
- Serves as TRADOC's command security manager.
- Manages TRADOC's Foreign Disclosure Program and coordinates command counterintelligence activities.
- Manages the Devil's Advocate Red Team Directorate.